Working for YOU in our community
Serving the people of Kilkenny through community involvement
My greatest achievements while serving the people of Kilkenny City and County, have been the various community driven organisations I have assisted in reaching their goals.
- As Mayor of Kilkenny (2015/2016) – I opened the doors of the office to support communities
and community organisations.
- Suicide Awareness – I have worked as a coordinator with the Kilkenny Suicide Awareness Organisation. We work to support those affected by suicide and those who have suicidal tendencies through the provision of Professional Help and by developing a Buddy Scheme for those in need.
- Disabled Persons – During my term as a Councillor, I have taken every opportunity to support and progress better access to services for people restricted by disability.
- Community Volunteers – In recognition of the huge number of volunteers in our community, I have advocated and assisted voluntary organisations in whatever way I could as Mayor and Councillor in Kilkenny. In particular, I have volunteered and supported Meals on Wheels, Sport Clubs, Homeless Charities, Health and Mental Health to name but a few organisations.
- City and County Drugs Task Force – As a member of the City and County Drugs Task Force, I have advocated for better services for victims and families affected by the scourge of drugs in our communities.
- Youth Support – Each year I have organised and coordinated the annual pilgrimage for young people to Medjugorje. This trip has proven to be very popular and helps young people to bond, socialise and build inner confidence.
If honoured to be re-elected for the next five years, my immediate goals are:
- Smithwicks Brewery Site – To push for the development of the Brewery Site to generate Housing, Business and Social Activity in the City Centre.
- Western Environment – To ensure that the area covered by the Western Environment Plan is developed to cater for Housing, Education, easy access for traffic and I will be an advocate to ensure the community have their say in this exciting development.
- Educational Training Board (ETB) – To ensure that the adequate resources are available for the various ETB facilities within the City in both Second Level and in Further Education.
‘Serving the people of Kilkenny City and County is my reason for being involved in public life and if elected I promise to work tirelessly for the benefit of the whole community.’
Contact Details: For further information please contact Joe at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mobile at 086 3128838