Carlow-Kilkenny goes to the polls on 24 May 2019 to vote in the European Parliament elections.
Carlow and Kilkenny are within the South constituency, which for 2019 has been expanded to a five seat constituency (post-Brexit).
Sitting MEPs for the constituency are Brian Crowley (FF), Sean Kelly (FG), Liadh Ni Riada (SF) and Deirdre Clune (FG). Brian Crowley will not be seeking re-election.
As of 29 April 2019, candidates having declared for the 2019 election include
- Fianna Fáil: Malcolm Byrne, Billy Kelleher
- Fine Gael: Deirdre Clune, Andrew Doyle, Seán Kelly
- Sinn Féin: Liadh Ní Riada
- Labour: Sheila Nunan
- Green Party: Grace O’Sullivan
- Solidarity-People Before Profit: Adrienne Wallace
- Direct Democracy Ireland: Jan Van De Ven
- Identity Ireland: Peter O’Loughlin
- Independents 4 Change: Mick Wallace
- Non Party: Diarmuid O’Flynn, Breda Gardner, Allan Brennan, Colleen Worthington, Peter Madden, Maurice Sexton, Dolores Cahill, Theresa Heaney, Liam Minehan, Paddy Fitzgerald, Walter Ryan Purcell