My name is Charlie Murphy. I have been a public representative for the past 10 years. I am married to Linda Hade, formerly of Pairc Mhuire, Tullow and we have 2 children, Tom 9yrs and Claire 6yrs. I first got elected in 2009 and got re-elected again in 2014. I will be contesting the 2019 Local Elections on Friday 24th May 19.
My Commitment To You
“I believe my job is to continue to look after the needs of our community. I have worked hard in the area and gained a lot of experience during the last 10 years and as a public representative with your support I will continue to do so.”
- Continue to make Grant Scheme applications for home improvements windows, doors and roof repairs for older people, also home improvement grants for people with a disability
- I can make representations on your families behalf to obtain their medical entitlements e.g. disability allowance, medical card and Living Alone Allowance.
- Will make representations on your behalf to obtain Local Authority Housing.
- Will help you make applications for Council Mortgages.
- Continue to make representations on unfinished Housing Estates.
- Support rural once off housing through planning policy and procedures.
- Improve roads through the Carlow County Council’s Annual Roadworks Programme.
- Make representation on behalf of local schools “Road Safety Measures.
- Work closely with Community Groups securing funds through Town & Village Renewal Scheme, Agenda 21 Scheme, LEADER & Environmental Grants.
- Helping farmers in their appeals for inclusion in the 2019 ANC Scheme.
I can represent you in a coherent and confidential manner and as an independent public representative I can speak freely on all issues.
Please feel free to contact me on any issue.