I live in Kilcumney, Goresbridge, Co. Carlow. I am married to Joan (Ralph) and have two children Tomás (28) & Kate (20).
I am a councillor for the past 15 years. A member of recently formed ‘Borris, Our Vision’ group. I am actively involved in G.A.A, camogie association, I.F.A, a committee member of; Borris Focus Group, Borris Hall Committee, Ballinkillen Lorum Community Centre.
My priorities have included
- Assisting schools and communities in South Carlow obtaining CLÁR funding. Killoughternane Community Hall, St. Michael’s National School, Newtown Glynn National School, Rathanna, Garryhill Handball/Community, Drumfea National School and Garryhill NS have all benefitted from this funding.
- Ensure adequate funding allocated for road works.
- Lobbied Minister Ring with the help of Deputy Pat Deering & successfully obtained €650,000 funding for development of Borris Viaduct.
- Provided elderly with assistance and guidance in grant applications for improvements in their home
- Helping farmers in their appeals for inclusion in the 2019 ANC schemes
- Supporting applicants seeking planning permission & council mortgages.
- Promote policies for a sustainable and safe environment
- Promoting tourism in South Carlow
- Allocating LEADER and Urban Village Renewal Schemes funding for communities, Ballinkillen Lorum Community Centre has benefitted from this
- Actively lobbying for improved broadband service across all this area and job creation.
- I am involved in Blackstairs Farming Group which compensates farming for having an environmentally friendly approach to farming their commonage on the Blackstairs Mts.
I have served as a councillor for the past 15 years and have built up a very strong working relationship with council staff and officials at all levels. If re-elected this experience would be vital in delivering maximum benefits to community groups and all individuals in the Muinebheag/Borris municipal area.
Vote No. 1 Tommy Kinsella on Friday 24th May 2019. “To keep a hard-working councillor in your area”.